Network Management and Security
|The following policy statement applies to our web site and any personal information given by you to us in the course of conducting a purchase.|
We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Information Collected Online
- Web/FTP Server - the web servers of the web hosting companies we utilize record accesses to our web pages and FTP file downloads. These log files are solely for statistical purposes such as most frequently viewed pages. We do not track individual visits unless illegal activity is suspected.
- Web Forms - email addresses submitted into our online "email us" form are used only to respond to visitor queries and are not added/sold/transferred to any mailing list. At our discretion, we may retain a copy of the submitted message and our outgoing response email message for future reference.
- Email Messages - email addresses sent to our email accounts by non-customers are not added/sold/transferred to any mailing list. At our discretion, we may retain a copy of the received message and our outgoing email message for future reference.
|Information Collected During Purchase|
- Personal Privacy - all information collected by us during the course of a purchase transaction is used internally within our company and is not distributed to any one else (exception is credit card address verification).
- Credit Card - we are required by our bank to do 100% Address Verification of every credit card authorization we make. This helps protect you against unauthorized use of your credit card.
- Transaction Retention - we are required by credit card companies and certain government agencies to retain documents for a short period of time that we use to process the sale.
- Personal Security - customer information/lists and related personal data are not kept on our web sites. Our web sites do not directly contain secure online order forms, our web pages are linked to resellers from whom you can make an online purchase. Under no circumstances will Lan-Secure company sell, rent, loan or give personally identifiable user information to marketers.
|End User License Agreement (EULA)|
- This End-User License Agreement ("Agreement") accompanies the Lan-Secure software ("Software"). The term "Software" includes the program you are using and any upgrades, modified versions, or updates of the Software licensed to you, and any related instructional or training materials. The Software is owned or licensed by Lan-Secure, and its structure, organization, and code are the valuable trade secrets of Lan-Secure and its licensor. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software is licensed, not sold. Lan-Secure grants to you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Software, as provided herein only, and subject to the restrictions and other terms hereof.
- Grant of License -
|Installation and Use. You may install and use the Software within your organization, provided that such computers are under the exclusive control of your organization and are used only by authorized employees or agents of your organization.|
|Backup Copies. You may make a reasonable number of copies of the Software for backup purposes.|
- Restrictions -
|Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software.|
|Copyright Notices. You must maintain all copyright notices on all copies of the Software.|
|No Distribution. You may not distribute copies of the Software to third parties.|
|Rental. You may not rent, lease or lend the Software.|
|Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Lan-Secure may terminate this Agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and/or any other agreement between your company and Lan-Secure. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Software and all of its component parts.|
- No Warranties -
|Lan-Secure expressly disclaim any warranty for the Software. The Software and any related documentation is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or no infringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Software remains with you.|
- No Liability for Damages -
|In no event shall Lan-Secure, or any licensor of Lan-Secure, be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential or incidental damages, including without limitation damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this Software, even if Lan-Secure has been advised of the possibility of such damages.|